This page features details on the project and personal awards given out by ASHE Central Ohio, as well as the ASHE National Person of the Year Award.
- Project of the Year Awards
- Past Project of the Year Awards
- The Central Ohio Meritorious Service Award
- ASHE National Robert E. Pearson / Person of the Year Award
Project of the Year Award
2018 – Project Exceeding $5 Million and Peer Choice Winner
Southern Ohio Veterans Memorial Highway
Designed by: ms consultants
Contractor: Portsmouth Joint Venture
Owner: ODOT/Portsmouth Gateway Group
2018 – Project Under $5 Million
Parsons Avenue Streetscape
Designed by: Woolpert
Contractor: Complete General Construction
Owner: City of Columbus
Past Project of the Year Awards
2017 – Project Exceeding $5 Million and Peer Choice Winner
Newark Downtown Revitalization
Designed by: OHM Advisors
Contractor: George J. Igel & Co.
Owner: City of Newark
2017 – Project Under $5 Million
PIC-CR22-6.95 Scioto Darby Road over Big Darby Creek
Designed by: Korda Nemeth Engineering, Inc.
Contractor: Eagle Bridge Company
Owner: Pickaway County Engineer
2016 – Project Exceeding $5 Million
Sawmill Parkway Extension
Designed by: Burgess & Niple
Contractor: Trucco Construction
Owner: Delaware County
2016 – Project Under $5 Million and Peer Choice Award Winner
Delaware U.S. 23/Pennsylvania Ave. Improvement Project
- Designed by: ms consultants
- Contractor: Trucco Construction
- Owner: City of Delaware, Public Works Department
2015 – Project Under $5 Million:
Spring and Long Multimodal Conversion
- Designed by: OHM Advisors
- Contractor: Griffin Pavement Striping, Inc.
- Owner: City of Columbus Department of Public Service
2014 – Project Exceeding $5 Million:
I-71/670 Interchange Reconstruction
- Designed by: CH2M Hill
- Contractor: Kokosing Construction Company, Inc.
- Owner: Ohio Department of Transportation, District 6
2014 – Project Under $5 Million:
Lithopolis-Winchester Road Bridge Rehabilitation
- Designed by: Jones-Stuckey a Division of Pennoni
- Contractor: Complete General Construction Co.
- Owner: Franklin County Engineer
2013 – Project Exceeding $3 Million:
I-270 & Roberts Rd. Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI)
2013 – Project Under $3 Million:
County Rd. 794 (W. Blee Rd.)
2012 Project Exceeding $3 Million
Rich Street Bridge Replacement
- Designed by Burgess & Niple.
- Click here for additional information.
2012 – Project Under $3 Million
Cosgray Road and Shiers-Ring Road Roundabout
- Designed by American Structurepoint.
- Click here for additional information.
2011-2012 Project of the Year Winner
Alkire Road Widening and Railroad Bridge Replacement.
- Designed by TranSystems Corporation.
- Construction completed by Shelly and Sands.
- Project owner is Franklin County.
2010-2011 Project of the Year Winner
UNI-161-12.98 Industrial Parkway Project
- Designed by Burgess & Niple,
- Construction completed by Turco Construction.
- Project owner is The City of Dublin.
- The project scope included traffic operations analyses, environmental documentation, preliminary and detailed design and final plan development to reconstruct the interchange and secondary roadways.
2009-2010 Project of the Year Winner
NCR-2 North High Street Project
- Designed by MS Consultants
- Project owner is The City of Columbus
Person of the Year Award
The Person of the Year Award is actually named the Meritorious Service Award. The award is presented at the discretion of the Board of Directors for recognition of a member’s service to highway users throughout Ohio.
Meritorious Service Award Recipients – Central Ohio
- 1991-1992: Bill Baker (Posthumously)
- 1992-1993: John Circle
- 1993-1994: Fred Hempel
- 1994-1995: Marvin Boring
- 1995-1996: Ron Zook (also 1995 National Person of the Year)
- 1996-1997: Bernard Hurst
- 1997-1998: Philip L. Hall
- 1998-1999: Roland Nesslinger (also 2000 National Person of the Year)
- 1999-2000: Ken Miller
- 2000-2001: Not awarded
- 2001-2002: Dave Jones
- 2002-2005: Not awarded
- 2005-2006: P. Frank O’Hare
National Robert E. Pearson / Person of the Year Award
For more information on the National ASHE Robert E. Pearson / Person of the Year Award, please click here.
Past National Person of the Year Award recipients from Central Ohio
- 2000-2001: Roland A. Nesslinger
- 1995-1996: Ronald Zook
- 1990-1991: Wayne Kauble